Coachella Valley Behavioral Health, located in Indio, California, offers a premier inpatient program for adults age 18 and older who are suffering from acute behavioral health concerns and co-occurring disorders. In a safe and secure therapeutic environment, we provide intensive services that can help individuals who are in crisis stabilize and prepare for the next phase of their healing journey.
Learn About Our Adult Inpatient Program in Indio, California
Our adult inpatient program is intended to be a short-term care option for those who require immediate intervention. The program typically lasts for an average of seven to 10 days, although each patient’s length of stay is determined on an individual basis.
While in our adult inpatient program, individuals receive round-the-clock monitoring from a team of caring professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, medical staff, dietitians, therapists, and other behavioral health experts. Our staff provides focused care and emotional support, helping patients regain stability so that they can step down to a less restrictive level of care or return home safely.
Our inpatient psychiatric hospital offers crisis care for the following behavioral health concerns:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Suicidal ideation
Our team recognizes that individuals who are battling mental illnesses may turn to substances to cope, which can worsen behavioral health symptoms and lead to addiction. For those who have co-occurring substance use disorders, we offer inpatient care that addresses both mental health concerns and chemical dependency. We also provide integrated care for individuals who have a secondary diagnosis of an eating disorder.
At Coachella Valley Behavioral Health, patients can receive comprehensive care that addresses their immediate behavioral health needs and supports their long-term success. In our adult inpatient program, we strive to help patients develop practical coping skills that can assist them as they progress in their healing journey.
Can You Benefit from an Adult Inpatient Program?
Seeking inpatient care can be an essential first step toward healing for individuals who are suffering from acute behavioral health concerns. Our adult inpatient program offers a secure environment where individuals who are in crisis can receive a high level of care and 24/7 supervision.
If you fit the following criteria, you may benefit from our intensive inpatient services:
- You are an immediate danger to yourself or others.
- Your struggles with mental illness have negatively impacted your ability to function on a day-to-day basis.
- You are battling a co-occurring substance use disorder or eating disorder in addition to a behavioral health concern.
- You have tried outpatient therapy previously, but it did not provide you with enough structure or support.
- You lack a safe living environment or the social or family support you need to heal.
- You require the assistance of interdisciplinary professionals for complex behavioral health concerns.
To discover how our adult inpatient program can guide you toward better health, please reach out to our friendly staff today. We can answer any questions you may have and determine whether our adult inpatient program is right for you.
Therapies Used in Our Adult Inpatient Program
When you participate in programming at our inpatient psychiatric hospital, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll receive care from a compassionate and understanding team of professionals. Our staff takes the time to get to know each of our patients so that we can better understand their needs.
We will review your health history and create a personalized care plan that suits you. Our goal is to help you achieve the best outcomes possible, so we will only include the therapies and services you can benefit from.
In the adult inpatient program, a person’s care may include the following:
- Basic medical care: Doctors and nursing staff provide medical interventions, such as CPAP machines, care for certain preexisting medical conditions, and emergency services. Medical care is offered at admission and on an as-needed basis.
- Medication management services: Patients who take medications as part of their treatment plans may benefit from regular meetings with a psychiatrist or other professionals who can prescribe medication and adjust the dosage as needed.
- Medical detox services: Those who have co-occurring substance use disorders may receive detox services at the start of their care. Detox services are delivered by highly trained medical staff and provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Family therapy: We strive to help families resolve conflicts and enhance their communication skills through family therapy. Led by a licensed clinical social worker, licensed clinical professional counselor, or licensed marriage and family therapist, family therapy can help families learn how to optimally support their loved ones during and after their time with us. Family therapy is provided as needed.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is an essential part of inpatient programming because it provides an opportunity for patients to develop important skills and establish supportive relationships with peers. Groups are led by behavioral health professionals and cover topics like trauma, coping skills, relationship skills, and managing thoughts and feelings. Group therapy is offered multiple times each day.
- Experiential therapies: We provide a range of activities, like recreation, art, music, and yoga, that are guided by therapists and certified instructors. By participating in experiential therapies, patients can identify associated emotions and learn to cope with difficult, repressed feelings related to past experiences. These activities are offered daily.
At our inpatient hospital, we incorporate an array of research-backed therapies. As part of a person’s individualized care, they may engage in evidence-based interventions, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT is based on the belief that a person’s thoughts and behaviors affect their feelings. Through CBT, people can learn to identify and reframe unhealthy thoughts so that they can begin to feel better.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): DBT can help people learn to regulate emotions by empowering them to accept difficult feelings and choose healthy behaviors instead of reacting impulsively.
- Motivational interviewing: Motivational interviewing is a patient-centered therapy technique that promotes positive behavior changes by helping individuals explore and resolve ambivalence.
- Solution-focused therapy (SFT): SFT is a future-oriented and goal-directed type of therapy that can help people make desired behavior changes by focusing on solutions instead of problems.
Features of Our Adult Inpatient Program
Nestled in the Coachella Valley of Southern California’s Colorado Desert region, Coachella Valley Behavioral Health provides high-quality, holistic care that can help people build a strong foundation for lasting healing. Our state-of-the-art facility offers a warm and welcoming environment where people can focus on personal growth and wellness.
We strive to deliver an exceptional care experience for our patients, helping them improve their overall quality of life and envision a happier, healthier future.
Features of our adult inpatient program include:
- A flexible admissions process: We provide a seamless admissions process so that we can connect patients with the services they need quickly.
- In-depth assessments: We evaluate each patient to learn more about their mental and physical health history, needs, preferences, and wellness goals.
- Continual monitoring: We provide ongoing supervision to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients.
- Structured care: Patients follow a regimented daily schedule that can help them work toward improved wellness.
- A supportive therapeutic community: Patients have the opportunity to make social connections with peers, which can increase their sense of belonging and expand their support network.
- A compassionate team: Our professionals are not only experts in their fields, but they truly care about the well-being of our patients and deliver care with the utmost empathy and respect.
As part of each patient’s care, they also receive a thorough aftercare plan that can help them as they transition out of our adult inpatient program. We begin discharge planning at admission and involve the entire treatment team to ensure a comprehensive approach. We continually monitor each patient’s progress and adjust their plan along the way so that they receive access to follow-up services that can benefit them. Aftercare plans may include referrals to a less restrictive level of care, such as a partial hospitalization program or intensive outpatient program.
At Coachella Valley Behavioral Health, we are dedicated to helping people access lifesaving care as quickly as possible. Our helpful admissions counselors and specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to connect individuals with essential behavioral healthcare services.
To determine whether our inpatient program is a good fit for you, please contact our team at your earliest convenience to schedule a no-cost assessment. Prospective patients can schedule screenings by calling our facility or visiting us in person at any time.
During your assessment, you’ll meet with a member of our staff to discuss your needs, health history, presenting symptoms, and short- and long-term health goals. Then, our team will review the details of your evaluation to determine the level of care you can benefit from.
To learn more about our adult inpatient program, reach out today. We can help you chart a path to lasting wellness and get back to living the fulfilling life you deserve.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Coachella Valley Behavioral Health.